The Serangoon is one of the residential towns of Singapore. It was originally inhabited by Indian traders and gardens of the region were noteworthy. For some time the region also housed cows sheds for this business. While it is still called Little India, the place is now resided by a mixed population. A leading temple is also in the vicinity. Sri Veeramakaliamman Temple which is thousand years old has been remodelled is regarded highly by the Singaporeans. The forest woods condo is a development of new 99 year leasehold as a result of collaboration of City Developments, TID and Hong Leong. The site for the land which attracted eleven bidders was won by CDL, counted as one of the reputable developers of Singapore. It will be developed on a land size of nearly150, 711 square ft and will stand upright at approximately 12 to 13 levels high, generating 465 luxurious units. Its launch for sale is slated to be in the second half of 2016. Forest Woods Residencies Price is expected to be completed by 2020 and is groomed to provide its future residents a spectacular place to live in a famous District 19 of Singapore. It will be about 12 to 13 storey high and build up to about 530 residential units. The units will comprise of one bedroom/ two bedroom/ three bedroom/four/bedroom/five bedroom and penthouses which will perhaps be completed by 2020.
The Forest Woods residencies is a Singapore is a conglomerate of posh residential houses. It is one of the most developed and established areas pertaining to residence in Singapore. This residential site lies between Paya Lebar Road and Lorong Lew Lain, the north and south side of the residential site are rife with low rise landed houses. This promises a perfect bunch of facilities of unhindered view wrapped around with garb of winds. It is fresh and new development of apartment and condominium. With 500 residential units of one to four bedrooms, Forest Woods Condominium will sell residencies for families with different sizes. There will be tennis courts, Sun Deck, Seeing Deck, Guard House, bbq pavilion, clubhouse, parkland, onsite fitness center and regions for family action at the disposal of the residents. The residents can go to fitness centres well equipped with many kinds of facilities like swimming pool. There are function rooms where residents can perform their indoor functions. They are designed in such a way as to be hassle free walkable area. Public transportation and grocery stores are available in the nearby areas. The Forest Woods condo are within the reach of automobile owners by the dent of their location closer to a major highway
- It is like a stone’s throw away from Serangoon market MRT interchange station which means it will take only three minutes for you to reach Serangoon which is a nexus between Circle line and North-East Line.
- The surge in public demands from investors and home buyers have procreated the popularity of Paya Lebar estate. The new launches in Paya Lebar have already been sold out. For example Bartley Ridge has been 99% sold by Hong Leong and Bartley Residences have been 100% sold. Botanic @ Bartley is 80% sold.
- The biggest shopping centre located in the North-East region of Singapore, Nex megamall is a four minutes stroll from Forest Woods. With 24 hour Cold Storage and NTUC Fairprice Xtra supermarkets in the nearby area you can easily fetch groceries and food anytime. Also a wide clique of shops, public library and F&B outlets, cinema hall will be at your disposal. Other shopping places like Heartland Mall, ICB shopping centre, Upper Serangoon shopping centre are near to cater to the amusement and leisurely needs of the residents..
- The area of Kovan Mart Station’s Stars of Kovan is the only new launch in the proximity which is at a distance of one train stop from the town. However this established area has shops on the ground floor which is not always a cherry-on-the-cake thing.
- Jade residencies has been the only ace around Serangoon MRT station in the upper Serangoon area. Here in this area the demand is very confined because there has been no condo launch since many years and the small project of Jade residencies has also been sold.
- Major expressways like KPE and CTE can be easily approached from here.
- With around 500 units, Forest Woods is moderate sized project. It is very well supported by basic amenities without the onus of a high maintenance fee on a monthly basis. The place is also not so big to be swarmed with people and clumsiness. The size is perfectly suitable for people who want to live in a calm and cosy ambience. It is interesting to know that families in Singapore have an average household size of mere 3.53 as against 4.25 in 1990. This contracting household size directly affects the market of properties in several ways. As a result of this trend, the developers’ new launches are providing large number of smaller units. Large square footaged condominium units are less likely to be build as it will be too expensive in terms of price and will not be received well by the buyers.
- There area is bountiful with access to many educational institutions such as St Gabriel’ and Nanyang Junior College s Secondary School, Kinderland,CS Kindergarten, Maris Stella Primary school, Serangoon Junior College, Stamford American International, DPS International and Australian International School are located within the region.
- Maris Stella High School and Paya Lebar Methodist Girl’s School are in the region are the ones which are much sought after.
- With Daily Medical Centre not being far away, the medical needs of the future residents will be taken care of.
- However the project has a major drawback. The northern side of the site is bordering a flyover via duct and an electrical substation. But given the prestige of CDL in Singapore in the confidence reposed by the public shows that CDL’s experience in the development of all and sundry projects with good designs it will keep a check on these factors.